What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
1. Could work on explaining things better
2. Professor Riely is very well versed. He's a bit of a swiss army knife and his advice was always fantastic
3. he's my favorite instructor in CDM
4. Strengths:-very approachable-always willing to help-dynamicWeaknesses:-got overwhelmed with the changes made to material-expected a lot of students
5. To be up to date with the course content, teaching us new technologies that would benefit us in our future careers
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
1. The CURSORY glance we got at the material
2. This class was a bit open ended and organized. I thought this was great! It forced me to get immersed in the material. I learned a ton about web development while struggling with angular 2
3. learning a new programming language
5. The new technology
What do you suggest to improve this course?
2. a little more structure would be good, but I loved the struggle! keep that!
3. the beta thing kind of messed us up
4. Just because Angular2 was new doesn't mean it was the best choice for the course material. The lack of on-line resources made the project extremely challenging. Especially when you consider that even the professor wasn't yet familiar with the material he was trying to teach, Angular2 wasn't the best choice.
5. Scope a bit more the final project
Comment on the grading procedures and exams
2. all fair
4. There were hardly any quizzes and no exams.
5. I liked the the weekly progress assignments. It made me work on the project, even if I could not fix any problems, at least I worked on in.