|Course:||CSC 447 901|
|Course Name:||Concepts of Programming Languages|
|Return to List|
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- Professor James has a good sense of humor, and he always replies students questions/comments gently.
- Professor Riely is engaging and helpful
- Really great lecturer. Would like to take more courses with Professor Riely. Enjoyed being in class.
- Very knowledgeable professor; Goes over material quickly.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Functional programming
- I would say course material such as worksheet, it's really helpful for review.
- The homeworks were really helpful for understanding the material
- Learning SCALA programming language.
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- Maybe add more time allowed to take quizzes. In the beginning of the quarter we had 30 minutes to answer 10 question but towards the end we had 40 minutes for 5 questions.
Do you have comments on the grading procedures and exams?
- Exam was too hard.
- Multiple choice exams require a decent amount of focus. If we miss one detail we miss the whole question but I suppose it's we either know the material or we don't.
- Professor Riley is a very good teacher who knows everything about this class's topic. Very good on responding to google group questions.