|Course:||CSC 447 910|
|Course Name:||Concepts of Programming Languages|
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- I thought Prof Riely did a great job presenting the material, despite the restrictive remote nature of this quarter's classes. I do think it would have been helpful if he had added supplementary practice problems that helped us prepare for exams.
- Clear explanations, good range of knowledge about different tools, techniques, and technologies related to the material and in the industry in general.
- Excellent content delivery
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Surveying different programming languages and their concepts is a great way to become agile and pick up new languages, so I found this course to be very helpful.
- Assignments and worksheets
- Online video content
- the worksheets and homework.
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- I would probably add practice problems that better resemble the material presented on exams. I felt like there was somewhat of a disconnect between the exams and the worksheets/assignments.
- I'm not sure where I stand in the class with regards to grades.
- More examples to be worked over in video lectures.
Do you have comments on the grading procedures and exams?