|Course:||CSC 447 810|
|Course Name:||Concepts of Programming Languages|
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- You could tell he genuinely loves teaching and is super knowledgeable about the material. I appreciate the positive energy Prof Riely brings to class. Even something so simple as to saying hello to the students as they sign into Zoom or come into the physical class adds a more personal touch.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Broad conceptual understanding of programming languages
- I liked learning in scala
- The most beneficial aspect of this course was having the lectures already prerecorded for us to watch before going to the discussion section we'd have on Tuesdays. It was way more manageable this way and didn't require us to sit at our computers for a lecture that would've gone from 5:45-9p. That's way too long.
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- make the final/exams equal to the percentage they are worth